Ramen is a very popular noodle soup in Japan. Ramen noodles are originally Chinese style noodles, but it’s been changed and improved over the years, and evolved to our own food.
There are millions of Ramen restaurants in Japan from mom and pop Chinese restaurants in neighborhoods, Ramen street carts open late at night, to sophisticated Ramen specialty shops in cities. People don’t mind lining up for hours to get in as long as it’s good. Fresh noodles are the best, but another form of Ramen that is very popular is instant noodles. It’s become a whole food sub-culture in Japan. There are millions of kinds you can buy at supermarkets. Some are so good that they taste better than bad Ramen shops.
There are two main components in Ramen: noodles and soup. The noodles are called Chinese style noodles (Chuka-men-中華麺), but these are really nothing like Chinese noodles anymore. They are wheat noodles with a firm and chewy texture. The texture is very important because the noodles are in hot soup while eating and might absorb too much soup and become too soft. Unfortunately, it is very hard to find good noodles outside Japan. We tested many kinds you can find in the US, but dried US Chuka-men you can buy at grocery stores are not so great. If you can find dried Chuka-men from Japan, or fresh Chuka-men, use that. We found fresh angel hair pasta, which you can find in the refrigerated section at many grocery stores, is acceptable even though the texture is still softer side. Dried thin spaghetti is also a pretty good substitute for Chuka-men. The key is to boil the noodles in water with baking soda because that gives noodles a distinct Ramen noodle flavor.
The other half of Ramen is the soup. Generally speaking, there are three basic types of Ramen soups: Shyoyu (soy sauce), Miso, and Shio (salt). Usually pork, chicken or seafood broth is used for the base of the soup, and that is then seasoned with soy sauce, miso, or salt. We made the very basic soy sauce flavor soup in this recipe. However, as mentioned above, there are many Ramen shops, and so many combinations of flavors for soups. If you want to play around and experiment, go for it.
You can invest lots of time and ingredients and research complicated and unusual soups, and it is hard to beat Ramen at great restaurants, of course, but our version here is pretty good for homemade Ramen and really very simple to make.
- 1 lb pork
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 cups water (1.5L)
- 50g ginger root, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, skinned
- 1 bunch green onions
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 9 oz fresh angel hair pasta (225g)
- 8 cups water (2L)
- 2 Tbsp baking soda
- boiled egg halves
- bean sprouts, blanched briefly
- green onions, cut finely
- 1. Rub salt on pork and let it sit overnight in the fridge.
- 2. In a pot, put water, ginger root, garlic, green onions and salted pork, and boil at high heat. Skim fat and other floating scums. Then cover, reduce to low heat, and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Let the broth and pork cool completely in pot. Strain and save pork. Slice pork and set aside for a topping.
- 3. Prepare the rest of the toppings now as well (boiled eggs, blanched bean sprouts, cut green onions), before making the soup and noodles. Once the noodles are cooked, you will need to add the soup and toppings right away or the noodles will get soft, so you won't have time to prepare the toppings at the end.
- 4. Boil the broth and add soy sauce, sake, salt and sesame oil. Let it simmer at very low heat until noodles are ready.
- 5. In boiling water in a pot, add baking soda (be careful, it may boil over), then add the fresh angel hair pasta. Cook the pasta for 30 seconds, and strain. Immediately divide noodles into bowls and add soup onto noodles. Top with boiled eggs, bean sprouts, green onions and sliced pork.
有在拉麵兩個主要組件：麵條和湯。麵條被稱為中國式麵條（竹卡 - 男裝 - 中華麺），但這些真的沒有像中國麵條了。他們是麵條，用堅定和耐嚼的質地。質地是非常重要的，因為麵條在熱湯，一邊吃，可能會吸收過多的湯，變得太軟。不幸的是，這是很難找到日本以外的好麵條。我們測試了很多種，你可以在美國找到，但美國幹竹卡 - 男人，你可以在雜貨店買的並沒有那麼大。如果你能找到幹竹卡 - 男人來自日本，或鮮竹卡 - 男性使用。我們發現新鮮的天使頭髮麵食，它可以在冷凍部分在許多雜貨店發現，是可以接受的，即使是質地還是溫柔的一面。乾燥的薄麵條也是一個不錯的替代品竹卡 - 男性。關鍵是要在水中煮沸的麵條用小蘇打，因為這給了麵條獨特的拉麵味道。
- 1. 擦鹽，豬肉，讓它在冰箱放置過夜。
- 2. 在鍋中放入水，姜，蒜，蔥醃豬肉，煮沸的高熱量。脫脂脂肪和其他浮動浮渣。然後覆蓋，減少發熱量低，用文火煮1個半到2個小時。讓肉湯和豬肉完全冷卻的鍋。應變和保存的豬肉。豬肉切片並預留了摘心。
- 3. 準備澆頭其餘現在還有（煮雞蛋，燙豆芽，切蔥），使湯和面之前。一旦麵條煮熟後，你將需要添加的湯和澆頭馬上或泡麵拿到手軟，所以你不會有時間在年底準備澆頭。
- 4. 熬高湯，加入醬油，酒，鹽和香油。讓它在非常低的熱煨，直到麵條準備。
- 5. 在一個鍋裡燒開水，加小蘇打（注意，它可能會沸騰），再加入新鮮的天使頭髮麵食。煮麵條30秒，和應變。立即劃分成麵條碗，加入上湯麵條。頂配煮雞蛋，豆芽，蔥和豬肉片。