California Roll Recipe加州卷
You hear people say, “I can’t eat sushi (raw fish), but I eat California roll.” California roll is so popular that even people who don’t want to try exotic ethnic food will eat it. It is made of pretty innocuous ingredients for sushi: rice, roasted seaweed (sushi nori), cucumber, avocado, and crab meat. No raw fish, and even the seaweed is hidden inside the roll.
It is said that the California roll was invented in southern California by a Japanese sushi chef in the ’70s (see ). Sushi became popular in the ’80s, and it spread all over the country. Now not only Japanese restaurants, but most American supermarket delis carry this popular sushi roll.
Frankly, the California roll is not very Japanese (although Japanese people like it too!). However, because it is one of the most famous and loved Japanese food in the US, it’s worthwhile to introduce this recipe. The ingredients are easy to find and it’s not very hard to make (especially with our video :).) Roll one up and enjoy!
- 1 recipe of
- 2 sheets of roasted seaweed (sushi nori), cut into halves
- 1 can crab meat, seasoned with lemon juice and salt
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/2" sticks
- 1 cucumber, cut into 1/2" sticks
- sesame seeds
- 1. Put plastic wrap on a bamboo rolling mat (makisu).
- 2. Place a half sheet of roasted seaweed on the plastic.
- 3. Spread 1/4 of the on the seaweed. Sprinkle sesame seeds on the rice.
- 4. Turn the seaweed over, rice side down on the plastic.
- 5. Put some crab mixture, avocado, and cucumber horizontally on the middle of the seaweed. This will form the center of the roll.
- 6. Roll and tighten hard with the rolling mat to make a log.
- 7. Cut into 8 pieces.
- 1. 把保鮮膜在竹滾動墊（makisu）。
- 2. 廣場上的塑料烤紫菜半片。
- 3. 傳播的四分之一的海藻。撒上芝麻的米飯。
- 4. 把海帶過來，飯朝下放在塑料。
- 5. 放一些螃蟹的混合物，鱷梨，黃瓜水平上的海藻的中間。這將形成的軋輥的中心。
- 6. 軋輥和軋製墊，使日誌緊硬。
- 7. 切成8片。