1．What is language for? Some people seem to think it is for practicing grammar rules and learning lis
1．What is language for? Some people seem to think it is for practicing grammar rules and learning lists of words--the longer the words the better. That’s wrong. Language is for the exchange of ideas, for communication.
2. The way to learn a language is to practice speaking it as often as possible.
3. A great man once said it is necessary to dill as much as possible, and the more you apply it in real situations, the more natural it will become.
4．Listening and imitating should always go together. Use the LIP method! Listen－Imitate－Practice!
5. Use all your senses to learn English. You must hear English, read English, touch English, smell English, and taste
English. Feel English with your heart. Immerse yourself in this language. Begin to think in English.
6. Relax! Be patient and enjoy yourself. Learning foreign languages is just a piece of cake.
7. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Work harder and practice more. Your hardworking will be rewarded by God one day.
God is equal to everyone!
8. Use a dictionary and grammar guide constantly. Keep a small English dictionary with you at all time.
When you see a new word, look it up. Think about the word--use it. in your mind, in a sentence.
9. Try to think in English whenever possible. When you see something, think of the English word of it;
then think about the word in a sentence.
10. Practice tenses as much as possible. When you learn a new verb, learn its various forms.
A thousand words will not leave so an deep impression as one deed.
11. I would also like to learn more about the culture behind the language.
When you understand the cultural background, you can better use the language.
12．Keep an English journal.Try to write a few sentences about your day and then blurt them out as many times as
possible before you go to sleep. This will teach you to “think” in English. This habit will also help you live a move organized and fruitful life. Besides, you will score higher on your composition exams!
13．Choose materials that interest you! Reading about things that you like will naturally make learning more enjoyable
and efficient. Everything is easier if you enjoy doing it!
14．Make your friends proud by teaching them some English sentences. You can become an excellent teacher through
tutoring your friends. Teaching is a great way to learn! Also remember, learning English can make people happier, feel younger and live longer!
15．Don’t be afraid to ask for help. The more times you ask for help, the more powerful your English will become.
Never hesitate to ask! Learn as much as you can from as many different people as you can! An eager student will always find a teacher!
16．Keep English constantly in your mind by listening, speaking of reading every day! Constant exposure will make it
much easier to master this language. If you review only once a week, you will have a hard time remembering what you’ve learned.
17．Keep a positive attitude about English. If you think of English as a burden, it will be one! If you think of English as
fun and exciting, you will practice more often and make progress more quickly!
18．Learning any language takes a lot of effort, but never give up. We will hew out of the mountain of despair a stone